Why and When Does Your Gaming Website Needs A Facelift!
Web redesigning and why?
Businesses depend on website to reach out to their list of clientele. As times change, website may require a change too. Technology is being invented and reinvented. Keeping in tune with it is essential if one wants to make hay while the sun shines. There’s no way one can ignore the trends.
I am going to be very direct here, no beating around the bush. The web users have become very savvy now and if you do not hire a professional web designer to help you increase conversion, you are leaving money on the table. For all my web design I hire curmi marketing website design.
But evaluating the amount of change needed and arriving at the right decision requires analysis. Depending on how the site was designed, the change could be a simple fix or a complete overhaul.
It would be worthwhile to spend some time considering the same so as to avoid unnecessary expenditures and overheads.
Here are a few questions that will help you arrive at the right decision regarding the redesign
- What is not working? Find out what’s working, what’s not. Think from the perspective of the customer. They use it more than you. Read reviews of the site, or ask readers to review if not available. The reviews will provide insight into what is fine and what needs change. An analysis will reveal what pages in your industry are ranking highest and how yours differ from it.
- Why do you want to redesign? If the business needs re-branding, the website will require one too. If it’s a minor change, a redesign should suffice. Goals should be SMART – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely.
- Do what the best are doing, mimic the competition: Look up to those who are the best in your industry. See what the competitors are doing better than you. While some elements may make more sense for some, it may not work for others. Stay relevant to the industry and business while looking for ways to take the site notches higher.
- Are you changing the product or service? Sometimes businesses undergo a sea change. A new product line or service could be underway. That would call for a renewal. Business’s online presence can be improved and to keep in tune with the newer elements on the block as well, a website could be revamped. The change should make business sense.
- How functional is the website? Websites have different purposes – generate leads, content sharing, sell a product or service, or attract visitors to the company’s physical location? Does the site do these effectively? If yes, then the change should be directed elsewhere. If no, then re look at the functional aspects based on data analytics and plan for change.
— Colorgraphicz (@colorgraphicz) August 4, 2016
What are the pertinent questions that affect your business? Each business and industry for that matter has its specifics. Add to that the fact that geographies also matter. Keeping in mind these factors, and the overall goal, redesign should be attempted. You are investing time and money and it is only natural that you would expect to spend it well. Go through the analysis and then arrive at a decision that is well-considered.
Listen, the gaming industry is very competitive and you ought to attract new visitors to your site but it is vital to keep them on your site as well! So installing tools like hotjar will assist you in finding out where visitors are spending their time on your site and why are they leaving.